How to Warm up for Auditions
How to Warm Up Your Instrument For an Audition or Performance
Below is a brief summary about how to warm up for an audition, or any performance. You will want to make sure you:
- know your material like the back of your hand
- get enough rest the evening before
- hydrate yourself with room temperature water
- avoid dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate and any refined sugars
- wear clothes that look good and that you can actually move comfortably in (always practice wearing the clothes you plan on wearing for your audition)
- visualize yourself going through the motions of singing powerfully in front of your audience.
Now that we’ve gone over these basic things, watch the above video in order to learn a warm up routine for your entire Vocal Instrument (Mind, Soul and Body) and have amazing confidence, presence and power while you sing.
Feel free to share your experience using this warm-up below or on Facebook. Thank you.
Thank you for visiting my blog. It means the world to me if I can be helpful to you as you progress along your vocal journey. Please feel free to post questions and comments if there is something particular you would like support with.